Artillery is a team. It’s a creative brain trust of the most dedicated art students on this campus. The goal of Artillery is to create a group of highly dedicated student artists who endeavor to cross the boundaries of what it is meant to be a professional. Each of these students have a working portfolio that demonstrates their proficiency, continued learning, thought processes, and developing professional work. Nearly all of our Artillery students will be published before they graduate from Braden River.
This Month: Wildlife
Artillery Challenge List
Choose 5 More...
- Take a current logo break down the geometric shapes associated with the logo and re-assemble into something better. Now start fresh with a different company’s logo.
- Create 3 interesting color palettes and draw 3 detailed sketches using them.
- Another perspective
- Watercolor, subject of your choice.
- Acrylic, subject of your choice.
- B&W still life based upon your life's greatest triumph, greatest sadness, and one that is your personality.
- Draw or paint an observable environment…then show that same environment transformed into a fantasy world, or a space station, or post-apocalyptic wasteland…(should have shapes and forms that are still recognizable.)
- Draw a caricature of their favorite celebrity
- Pick a classic movie or novel and changed genre through costume and setting
- Create a travel poster for a place that doesn't exist...must use classical travel posters for reference
- Do a detailed architectural study of a local building in Sarasota or Bradenton... must provide photo with drawings.
- Design a circus poster
- Create a fantasy creature... design a skeletal structure and muscle diagram for a total of three images
- Create a realistic portrait of a zoo animal or family pet... must include studies of the animal in multiple positions and gestures
- Attempt a Portrait of a friend, family member, or self
- Create a Magazine Cover of a magazine that does not exist
- Design a sequential story using at least two separate pages.
- Pen and Ink crosshatch study...Thomas Nast, Frazetta study, Bernie Wrightson and Jack Unruh.
- Draw a decorative piece including typography use Si Scott for reference or tattoo styles
- Movie still screenshot studies...10 still frames compositions redrawn in your style
- Sculpt a object of your choice and then draw it
- Analyze your favorite product ad and take notes for why you like it. Then create a fictional product and create an advertisement for it.
- Pick a culture outside of the United States and design a character that would be accurate to that culture receiving an appropriate gift for that culture...may include myths
- Cafe drawings 3
- Skull studies human and 1 animal of choice in multiple directions
- Draw the same environment multiple times in the same day
- Design a tryptic for a story
- Create a video game character and design a female version and male version of the same character
- Do a master study of one old artist and one new!!!
- Don't forget your notes on what you are learning from
- each artist.
Don't forget your notes on what you are learning from